Sunday 14 February 2016

Biafra: Buhari Is Holding My Son Against Saying The Truth - Nnamdi Kanu's Father


Radio Biafra director Nnamdi Kanu has generated a lot discussion in the political space of Nigeria. Despite several bails and release orders by two different courts last year, the Federal Government via its secret police DSS, held the UK-based Biafran secessionist in detention and finally filed fresh charges bordering on treason against him late last year.

Kanu's father, HRM Eze Israel Okwu Kanu, the traditional ruler of Isiama Afara, a community in Umuahia, Abia State has finally spoken out.

Said him:
When I read some accounts between Nnamdi and the prosecution, I see it as when one is fighting with an enemy. They will do or say anything to put one down. What one can do is try one’s best to overcome. The day he refused to remove the handcuffs in court until his lawyer told him to mellow down, I got the information from the newspapers. My children who were in the court also told me about it.

I have left everything in God’s hands, because nobody should be killed for saying the truth. He saw the truth and said it, is that why he should be killed? He has my backing, as long as he is saying the truth. If they took him to court and the court ordered that he should be released on bail and they refused to release him, is that really democracy? Why did they refuse to release him on bail? What do they want? The president should respect the laws of the land, because he is the one that should defend the laws. My son is just saying the truth – he has the right of freedom of speech; they should release him. Nobody should be killed for saying the truth.

I am pleading that the government should free him, he did not commit any crime. Maybe the federal government should come to this area and conduct a plebiscite, and know the feelings of the people.

I can’t advise them (on the Biafra question), but I plead with them to please free my son.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...